RVC Juniors Travel Program Competitive volleyball for players ages 12-18
For more than 30 years, Richmond Volleyball Club has been committed to providing young athletes the most competitive travel program in the central Virginia area. With 2 dedicated full time staff (plus an office of support staff), over 70 coaches, and 500+ players, RVC Juniors Travel strives to provide opportunities for players at all levels to grow and compete.
Travel Program Information
Virginia Youth Volleyball League (VYVL)
Designed to be an introductory travel program for girls ages 11-16 who want to make travel teams in the coming years or who simply don’t want to commit the additional time or money to travel. It will give players and parents a small taste of what a full travel team is like. Players must participate in VYVL tryouts in November and are not guaranteed a spot on a team. To learn more, see the Virginia Youth Volleyball League page.
We expect our players to abide by the USA Volleyball Participant Code of Conduct and our parents to abide by the National Youth Sports Safety Foundation Sport Parent Code of Conduct. Both documents , along with a more detailed list of player and parent expectations can be found in our Player Parent Handbook 2020-2021
Tryouts are held on various weekends in September-November. See the Tryouts Page for exact dates.
Robison Fund Athlete Grants
Athlete grants are available through the Roger Robison Fund for players who require financial assistance in order to participate. RVC grants more than $40,000 worth of financial assistance annually to junior players in our travel program, VYVL, Jump Up, Middle School League, Jumpin’ Juniors, and summer camps. This year there will be a rolling deadline with applications accepted until all grants are disbursed. More information can be found on our Financial Aid Program web page.
- Online Registration: August 16, 2021
- Informational Parent Meeting: August 11, 2021 and October 13, 2021 (primarily for those considering VYVL) at 7:00 PM. Both meetings will be held via Zoom. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive sign in information and link.
- We recommend parents who are new to the RVC Travel program or those with questions about the commitment involved with playing at a higher level attend.
- Pre-Tryout Orientations (pick one date to drop-in) at RVC Byrdhill:
- Sunday, August 22, 2021 drop-in between 12:30 – 2:30 PM
- Sunday, August 29, 2021 drop-in between 12:30 – 2:30 PM
- Sunday, September 19, 2021 drop-in between 12:30 – 2:30 PM
- Sunday, November 7, 2021 drop-in between 10:00am – Noon (VYVL participants)
In order to reduce the number of walk-ins requiring office staff assistance, any player that does not attend a pre-tryout orientation and has to come into the office to complete the pre-tryout orientation steps will be charged an additional $75 convenience fee.
- Robison Fund: Junior Travel Athlete Grants Application Rolling deadline until all grants are dispersed
- Try-outs: September and October – see Try-outs page for exact dates and details
Juniors Programs Staff
Richmond Volleyball Club (RVC) has a ZERO TOLERANCE for abuse and misconduct. This includes not only on-court safety, but also off-court safety in any part of RVC’s programs.
All RVC staff and coaches who work directly with our junior members are SafeSport Certified which means they have been trained to recognize and report all forms of abuse including bullying, harassment, hazing, physical abuse, emotional abuse, and sexual misconduct and abuse. Additionally, all staff have been provided with this information and are required to report observed or suspected abuse.
To find out more about the SafeSport policies Richmond Volleyball Club abides by, and to find resources for athletes, parents, or coaches, visit USA Volleyball SafeSport or The U.S. Center for SafeSport