RVC Juniors Travel Program Competitive volleyball for players ages 12-18
For over 30 years, Richmond Volleyball Club has been committed to providing young athletes the most competitive travel program in the central Virginia area. With 3 dedicated full time staff (plus an office of support staff), over 70 coaches, and 500+ players, RVC Juniors Travel strives to provide opportunities for players at all levels to grow and compete.
Travel Program Information
- VYVL teams practice 1x a week with an extra optional practice sessions on Sunday afternoons
- State and Regional teams practice 2x a week
- Zonal and National teams (1’s and 2’s) practice 3x a week
We expect our players to abide by the USA Volleyball Participant Code of Conduct and our parents to abide by the National Youth Sports Safety Foundation Sport Parent Code of Conduct. Both documents , along with a more detailed list of player and parent expectations can be found in our Player Parent Handbook 2019-2020
Tryouts are held on various weekends in September-November. See the Tryouts Page for exact dates.
All players who make a travel team (except for VYVL) are required to have a USAV Membership (complete this step after you have accepted a spot on a travel team but BEFORE your first practice):
If you had a USAV membership at any time
If you have never had a USAV memebership
Robison Fund Athlete Grants
Athlete grants are available through the Roger Robison Fund for players who require financial assistance in order to participate. In 2018 alone, RVC granted more than $40,000 worth of financial assistance to junior players in our travel program, VYVL, Jump Up, Middle School League, Jumpin’ Juniors, and summer camps. Application deadline for the Robison Fund is Monday, October 7, 2019. More information can be found on our Financial Aid Program web page.
- Online Registration: September 9, 2019 – October 20, 2019
- Late Registration: (charged an additional $75 late fee) October 21, 2019 – November 9, 2019
- Informational Parent Meeting: Wednesday, September 18, 2019 from 7:00 – 8:00 PM at RVC Byrdhill
- We recommend parents who are new to the RVC Travel program or those with questions about the commitment involved with playing at a higher level attend.
- Pre-Tryout Orientations (pick one date to drop-in):
- September 21, 2019 drop-in between 1:00 – 4:00 PM
- Saturday, September 28, 2019 drop-in between 1:00 – 4:00 PM
- Sunday, October 20, 2019 drop-in between 12:00 – 3:00 PM
- Robison Fund: Junior Travel Athlete Grants Application Deadline – Monday, October 7, 2019
- Try-outs: October and November – see Try-outs page for exact dates and details
Juniors Programs Staff
Richmond Volleyball Club (RVC) has a ZERO TOLERANCE for abuse and misconduct. This includes not only on-court safety, but also off-court safety in any part of RVC’s programs.
All RVC staff and coaches who work directly with our junior members are SafeSport Certified which means they have been trained to recognize and report all forms of abuse including bullying, harassment, hazing, physical abuse, emotional abuse, and sexual misconduct and abuse. Additionally, all staff have been provided with this information and are required to report observed or suspected abuse.
To find out more about the SafeSport policies Richmond Volleyball Club abides by, and to find resources for athletes, parents, or coaches, visit USA Volleyball SafeSport or The U.S. Center for SafeSport