RVC Juniors Travel Program Competitive volleyball for players ages 12-18
For more than 30 years, Richmond Volleyball Club has been committed to providing young athletes the most competitive travel program in the central Virginia area. With 2 dedicated full-time staff (plus an office of support staff), over 70 coaches, and 500+ players, RVC Juniors Travel strives to provide opportunities for players at all levels to grow and compete.
Important Dates for 2022-2023
- Online Registration: Open August 8th
- Informational Parent Meeting: August 7th – via Zoom 4:00-5:00 PM and October 5, 6:30-7:30 PM also via Zoom; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to get the link prior to the meeting.
- Pre-Tryout Orientations at RVC Byrdhill:
Drop-in anytime (wait times are usually shorter later in the session) during one of the orientation dates:
Sunday, August 14, 2022 drop-in 12:30-2:30 PM Sunday, August 21, 2022 drop-in 12:30 – 2:30 PM Wednesday, September 7, 2022 drop-in 12:00 – 8:00 PM (RVC Office at Byrdhill) Newly Added Sunday, September 25, 2022 drop-in 12:30 – 2:30 PM
- Sunday, October 23, 2022 drop-in 12:30 – 2:30 PM – LAST CHANCE!
- All Pre-Tryout Orientations will take place at the Byrdhill Gym
- Players do not have to attend with parent unless doing uniform fittings
- Bring completed Financial Agreement and Player Medical Release forms (found on our website)
- Any PTO forms turned in during office hours are subject to a $75 convenience fee
- Robison Fund: Junior Travel Athlete Grants Application
Robison Fund Athlete Grants
Athlete grants are available through the Roger Robison Fund for players who require financial assistance in order to participate. RVC grants more than $40,000 worth of financial assistance annually to junior players in our travel program, VYVL, Jump Up, Middle School League, Jumpin’ Juniors, and summer camps. This year there will be a rolling deadline with applications accepted until all grants are disbursed. More information can be found on our Financial Aid Program web page.
We expect our players to abide by the USA Volleyball Participant Code of Conduct and our parents to abide by the National Youth Sports Safety Foundation Sport Parent Code of Conduct. Both documents, along with a more detailed list of player and parent expectations can be found in our Player Parent Handbook 2022-2023
Sept 10 & 11 – Girls 14-18 National and Zonal, 17 State / Boys 1s and 2s Teams
Oct 8 & 9 – 14-16 State and Regional / Boys 1’s & 2’s + Regional Teams
Nov 12 & 13 – 12s and 13s Girls plus 13 & Under- VYVL
Nov 19 & 20 – 14-16 VYVL & BYDL
Juniors Programs Staff
Richmond Volleyball Club (RVC) has a ZERO TOLERANCE for abuse and misconduct. This includes not only on-court safety, but also off-court safety in any part of RVC’s programs.
All RVC staff and coaches who work directly with our junior members are SafeSport Certified which means they have been trained to recognize and report all forms of abuse including bullying, harassment, hazing, physical abuse, emotional abuse, and sexual misconduct and abuse. Additionally, all staff have been provided with this information and are required to report observed or suspected abuse.
To find out more about the SafeSport policies Richmond Volleyball Club abides by, and to find resources for athletes, parents, or coaches, visit USA Volleyball SafeSport or The U.S. Center for SafeSport