Changes for 2020-2021 Travel Season
If you have any question or concerns about the changes outlined on this page, please contact our juniors programs team at email@example.com or attend the Parents Meeting on August 11, 2021 at 7 PM or October 13, 2021 at 7 PM via Zoom. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive sign in link for meeting.
Continued Health and Safety Changes
We want to be as consciously aware and proactive about the health and safety of our players as we can and will continue to monitor COVID-19 recommendations from CDC, the American Academy of Pediatrics, and the National Council on Youth Sports in making decisions about our programming. Additionally, we will follow practices that may reduce the spread of other infectious diseases (i.e. influenza). For the upcoming 2021-2022 Junior Travel Season, we will continue or implement the following changes:
- We WILL NOT accept walk up registrations this year. The ONLY exception is if the player is new to the area/club. Parents/players must register online prior to tryouts and attend a pre-tryout orientation. If you are unable to attend pre-tryout orientation, you may schedule an appointment with our office. An additional $75 convenience fee will apply (may be waived for players new to the area).
- Uniform try on will be limited. We wish to limit the number of players trying on the same uniform so players who played travel last year will be asked to choose a size based on their old uniform. New athletes will still need to try on uniforms during pre-tryout orientation. All travel players will be given the opportunity to try on warm-up tops and bottoms.
- Parents will not be allowed in the gym for tryouts. So that coaches may concentrate fully on player evaluation and to limit building congestion no spectators will be allowed in the gym during tryouts.
- Parents will not be allowed in the gym for practice. So that players are not distracted by their parents and may fully concentrate on their coaches and to limit congestion during change-over between practices, no spectators will be allowed in the gym during practices.
- All players, coaches, and others in the facility must wear masks at any time when not playing or practicing. This is subject to change depending on current recommendations.
- All players should bring a small towel or something similar to wipe their faces as necessary. Coaches will be reminding players to avoid touching their faces.
- Players may enter the gym no more than 15 minutes before their practice time. If a player arrives before their practice time, they must wait on the mezzanine (upstairs at Stonebridge) or in the cafe seating area (at Byrdhill). Players should not be near the courts possibly distracting players/practices in progress.
- Players should be picked up immediately after practice concludes as there will be nowhere for them to sit or congregate.
- Make every effort to arrive dressed and ready to play so that we may avoid crowded conditions our bathrooms.
We are continually striving to improve our programming and make the registration process as easy as possible for our parents and players. To that end, general changes have been made to Junior Travel program from last year to improve on what was done the year before.
- Registration fee will continue to be $75. The $75 will be a non-refundable tryout fee. The RVC membership and fundraising fees are now part of the $525 confirmation deposit (VYVL players pay entire fee of $675) paid when a player is offered a spot on a team.
- Age group birthday cutoffs are July 1 (change in 2020-2021) Please see the NEW 2021-2022 age definition chart for details. Players may tryout in a higher age group only if they meet the guidelines stipulated in our player/parent handbook. To do so, they must attend tryouts for both age groups.
- We will only be offering one (1) regional team for each girls age bracket this year. The number of VYVL teams will increase to accommodate more players.
- Changes have been made to Pre-Tryout Orientation to make the process quicker. We are no longer measuring a player’s height, handing out raffle tickets (this will happen after team selections either at the team meeting or one of the first practices), and returning players are encouraged to not try on uniforms, but base their sizing off of last season’s uniforms. NEW this year – the team fee will include warm ups for each player (except VYVL). Players must attend to try on sizes for those items.
- An additional $75 convenience fee (total fee for registering will be $150) will be charged for all parents/players who do not attend a Pre-tryout Orientation. We make sure that Pre-Tryout Orientation is offered over multiple weekends and is well staffed by coaches and office staff alike to help parents successfully complete orientation in a fast and friendly manner. Office walk-ins are disruptive, pulling staff from other duties, and take longer to complete then attending an orientation.