Battle On Byrdhill
Richmond Volleyball Club is proud to host this annual event for Men’s and Women’s 6-Person teams.
We want to see the best teams from the East Coast battle it out for bragging rights and cha-ching – a cash prize! Tournament will be held at our RVC Byrdhill location. Sign up early to receive a discounted rate. Teams are accepted on a “first paid, first accepted basis.”
- Tournament date: October 27, 2018
- Play begins at 9AM.
- Teams have 5 minutes to report to the court to avoid a forfeit.
- Each team will be required to work matches by providing referee, scorekeeper and line judges. Teams must report for work assignments or their next match will be a forfeit.
- Playoffs will begin immediately following pool play.
- Play and work schedules will be posted the week of the tournament (after registration closes on 10/18).
- Registration closes on October 22nd .
- When registering, if you have a current roster, you may go ahead and enter the information. If not, you can always submit a final roster (or make changes) when you show up at the event.
- Men’s or Women’s 6-Person teams with choice of Open/A level or B level.
- Open/A team early registration fee is $200.
- B level teams’ early registration fee is $150.
- Play format will be based on number of teams registered.
- Each team will be required to work matches by providing referee, scorekeeper and line judges.
- All non-RVC members are required to sign a waiver prior to play.
- USAV Rules of Play apply (but you do NOT have to be USAV registered player or team). Uniform requirements are relaxed. (Team members should wear a numbered shirt of a similar color.)
- You may register online with a credit card.
- You may also use this Registration form. Just scan it and send it to us or drop it in the mail to our Byrdhill location.
- Registration closes October 22nd.
- Cancellation made prior to the registration deadline will receive a refund of their entry fee minus $75 cancellation fee.
- Registrations are not accepted without payment. Payments are processed upon receipt. Late cancellations are not eligible for refunds.
- Registration could close early if divisions fill. Teams accepted on a first paid, first accepted basis. Late registrations accepted on a space available basis.
- Divisions may be combined, changed or cancelled as needed.
- Cash prize will be awarded based on division, level and number of team entries.
- Need a minimum number of teams (10) in each bracket in order to award maximum prize money.
- Prize money will be $1000 for the upper level (Men’s Open/A and Women’s Open) and $400 for the lower level (Men’s B and Women’s A) if minimum team requirement is met.