The tournament will be held May 25 – 27, 2019 in the the Greater Richmond Convention Center.
Registration opens in November of each year and rosters are not required to enter. Pools will be posted the week of the tournament on the home page of SportWrench. Early registration is highly recommended.
Teams are accepted on a “first paid, first accepted basis.” Teams living outside a 50 mile radius must stay in our hotel block. The deadline for entries is April 12, 2019, but will continue to accept teams until divisions fill.
To complete the entry process we must receive proper payment, a signed tournament entry form, and confirmation from EM2 that hotel reservations have been made.
The entry fee for the 2018 Boys’ East Coast Championships will be $675. We will continue to accept entries after the deadline but there is no guarantee teams will be accepted. Each team will be guaranteed 7 matches (or game equivalent).
REFUND POLICY: Teams withdrawing before the entry deadline after being accepted to the event will receive a refund of $575. Teams withdrawing after the entry deadline, including no shows, will not receive a refund.
*Please note that divisions and/or formats may be adjusted according to entries received.
FOREIGN PLAYER AND FOREIGN TEAM PARTICIPATION
For the USA Volleyball Boys’ Junior National Championships, the following Territories and their associated Federations are eligible to participate: American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands.
NON-USA TEAM REGISTRATION
This applies to ALL NON-USA Volleyball members or Member Organizations (Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, Canada, Mexico, etc.)
Required Individual Forms
1. Players and Staff: Foreign Participant Registration Form, which includes the Code of Conduct
2. Players and Staff: Copy of photo ID (i.e. Passport)
3. Players Only: Medical Release and Liability Form (without notary unless the event is held in Florida)
4. Players Only: Copy of Birth Certificate (note, a passport will also fill this requirement)
5. Proof of IMPACT or equivalent certification for each named coach (head and assistants)
a. IMPACT Certification rating may be met by supplying proof of the following:
USA Coaching Accreditation Program (CAP), Levels I, II or III
RVA IMPACT course (region or National Office verification required)
Canadian Volleyball Associations Levels 1-4
FIVB International Courses Levels 1-3
Curso de Entrenadores Nivel 1 (Coaches Training Level 1)
Required Team Forms/Fees
1. Entry Form – Sportwrench Invoice
2. Foreign Summary Team Participation Form
3. $100 US Dollars for Insurance (Canadian teams exempt with proof of coverage)
a. For each additional player and/or staff person that is added to future rosters, including the BJNC roster, 10 US Dollars per person is owed to USAV for insurance coverage.
4. A letter of good standing from their volleyball federation (Puerto Rico is exempt)
5. Results: Foreign Teams should provide the results from any U.S. tournaments they’ve attended for the current season. In the absence of such results, the team should submit a letter explaining the team’s strength and current record in their federation.
Foreign teams are required to complete the paperwork and pay the insurance fee only once during the current season. Paperwork must be submitted prior to on-site registration.