High School Volleyball
COACHING OPPORTUNITIES 2018-2019
Head Varsity Girls’ Volleyball Coach and Program Leader
2018 – 2019 School Year
Collegiate School seeks a dynamic and committed coach who will cultivate and lead all aspects of the girls’ volleyball program. The Head Varsity Volleyball Coach will prepare student athletes for competition using successful coaching techniques and instilling the highest level of integrity and sportsmanship. This is an exempt, part-time, non-benefited seasonal position with the potential to become a full-time, benefitted position if combined with a faculty or staff position depending on the needs of the school and the skills of the candidate.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide leadership and instruction in the personal and athletic development of student athletes
- Direct the development and ongoing coordination of the girls’ volleyball program for Grades 7-12
- Ensure appropriate communication with students, parents and community regarding the volleyball program
- Coordinate and teach within our Cougar Sports Zone youth programs for Grades 1-6
- Provide summer volleyball camps within our Quest Summer Programs beginning 2019
- Manage leadership and development of coaching staff
- Understand and embrace the demands on student athletes at Collegiate
Qualities of a successful candidate will include:
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to inspire student athletes
- Enthusiasm for professional growth
- Commitment to broad participation in school life
- Proven record of leadership, integrity and sportsmanship
- Demonstrated skill in developing and motivating student athletes and fielding competitive teams
- Experience in and commitment to the ongoing development and maintenance of an inclusive campus community.
- A Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of four years of volleyball coaching experience is preferred
Collegiate School is an independent, JK-12 college preparatory, coeducational school with over 1,600 students in Richmond, VA. The School currently fields more than 80 interscholastic teams with 24 at the varsity level and employs over 130 coaches. Our girls’ teams compete as members of the League of Independent Schools and there are currently six girls’ volleyball teams with 13 coaches with three levels of interscholastic competition including Varsity, JV, Middle School (Grades 7-8) “no cut” Cub teams. 90% of Collegiate students participate in interscholastic athletics. The School’s mission is to create a diverse and inclusive community of learners committed to a challenging and supportive educational experience that will foster the intellectual, moral, emotional, and physical development of each student.
Please apply online at www.collegiate-va.org/careers.
Collegiate School is an equal opportunity employer.
To add your school to the list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org