Player / Parent Info
Below are some highlights and important information about our travel program. For a more comprehensive look into our program, please see our Player Parent Handbook 2018-2019
- Online Registration: Opens September 9, 2019
- Informational Parent Meeting: Wednesday, September 18, 2019 from 7:00 – 8:00 PM at RVC Byrdhill
- We recommend parents who are new to the RVC Travel program or those with questions about the commitment involved with playing at a higher level attend.
- Pre-Tryout Orientations (pick one date to drop-in):
- September 21, 2019 drop-in between 1:00 – 4:00 PM
- Saturday, September 28, 2019 drop-in between 1:00 – 4:00 PM
- Sunday, October 20, 2019 drop-in between 12:00 – 3:00 PM
- Try-outs: October and November – see Try-outs page for exact dates and details
- State and Regional teams practice 2x a week
- Zonal and National teams (1’s and 2’s) practice 3x a week
All players who make a travel team are required to have a USAV Membership (complete this step after you have accepted a spot on a travel team but BEFORE your first practice):
If you had a USAV membership at any time
If you have never had a USAV memebership
We expect our players to abide by the USA Volleyball Participant Code of Conduct and our parents to abide by the National Youth Sports Safety Foundation Sport Parent Code of Conduct. Both documents , along with a more detailed list of player and parent expectations can be found in our Player Parent Handbook 2018-2019
As part of this web site, you may login, view and pay your account online at your convenience. Instructions for logging in to the website are located at the bottom of the home page. Once you login, you will look in the menu under “Member Area” and access “My Account.” This will show you a list of charges and indicate the amount due. Then, you may pay your balance using a credit card. If you have more than one junior player, each account is handled separately. You will need to indicate which account you want to access when you log in. You will be prompted by the system to choose one. You will be sent an email reminder on the first of each month and your payment is due by the first of the following month. Should you not wish to pay online, we will accept checks and cash in the office or sent to us in the mail. As usual, there will be $25 late fee added to accounts that have no payments made during the month and a 1% interest fee for any balance carried over.
Richmond Volleyball Club (RVC) has a ZERO TOLERANCE for abuse and misconduct. This includes not only on-court safety, but also off-court safety in any part of RVC’s programs.
All RVC staff and coaches who work directly with our junior members are SafeSport Certified which means they have been trained to recognize and report all forms of abuse including bullying, harassment, hazing, physical abuse, emotional abuse, and sexual misconduct and abuse. Additionally, all staff have been provided with this information and are required to report observed or suspected abuse.
To find out more about the SafeSport policies Richmond Volleyball Club abides by, and to find resources for athletes, parents, or coaches, visit USA Volleyball SafeSport or The U.S. Center for SafeSport