Virginia Youth Volleyball League
VYVL IS A WINTER/SPRING PROGRAM WITH TRYOUTS IN NOVEMBER AND PRACTICES STARTING IN JANUARY
Virginia Youth Volleyball League is designed to be an introductory travel program for girls ages 11-18. Therefore, we designed it for kids who want to make travel teams in the coming years or who simply don’t want to commit the additional time or money to travel. It will give players and parents a small taste of what a full travel team does.
- Online Registration: Open September 9, 2019 – October 20, 2019.
- Late Registration: (charged an additional $75 late fee) October 21, 2019 – November 9, 2019.
- Informational Parent Meeting: Wednesday, September 18, 2019 from 7:00 – 8:00 PM at RVC Byrdhill
- We recommend parents who are new to the RVC Travel program or those with questions about the new VYVL level attend.
- Pre-Tryout Orientations (pick one date to drop-in):
- September 21, 2019 drop-in between 1:00 – 4:00 PM
- Saturday, September 28, 2019 drop-in between 1:00 – 4:00 PM
- Sunday, October 20, 2019 drop-in between 12:00 – 3:00 PM
- Try-outs: November – see Try-outs page for exact dates and details
Registration for VYVL is the same as our Junior Travel teams. Please see the Junior Travel Registration page for more details.
Those who wish to play VYVL must attend Travel Tryouts. Please see the Junior Travel Tryouts page for more more details. As this league is tryout based, team placement is not guaranteed.
Total season cost is $615 ($225 paid when registering plus $390 paid when accepting spot on a team after try-outs). Players who wish to play VYVL must register online before tryouts and pay a $225 registration fee. This $225 registration covers:
- $60 RVC membership
- $55 admin/tryout fee (non refundable)
- $50 fundraising (raffle tickets given at Pre-tryout Orientation)
- $60 applied to the $450 Team Fee.
- If a player decides not to play or is not offered a spot on a team, $170 of the Registration Fee is refundable with the return of the raffle tickets.
When a player is offered a spot on a VYVL team, they must pay the remaining $390 of their Team Fee to accept the spot on the team.
To help negate the cost of playing for parents and players, at Pre-tryout Orientation each player is given a book of 50 raffle tickets. These raffle tickets are pre-paid for as a part of your registration fee and can be sold for $1 each. When you sell the 50 raffle tickets, you keep the money, bringing the cost of the program down to $565. The raffle is for a cash prize drawn on President’s Day (Monday, February 17th) with 1st Place winning $1000, 2nd place winning $500, and 3rd place winning $250.
Starting the week of January 6, NYVL teams practice 1x a week with an extra optional practice sessions on various Sunday afternoons throughout the season
The Virginia Youth Volleyball League (VYVL) is designed to be an introductory travel program. Teams will compete again other RVC VYVL teams, and similar teams from Northern Virginia Volleyball Association (NVVA) and Tidewater Volleyball Assocation (TVA). There will be five tournaments between February and April – three held at RVC, one at NVVA, and one at TVA.
VYVL is for girls ages 11-18. As teams are not a part of USAV, teams may be mixed ages based on registration numbers and skill.
We expect our players to abide by the USA Volleyball Participant Code of Conduct and our parents to abide by the National Youth Sports Safety Foundation Sport Parent Code of Conduct. Both documents, along with a more detailed list of player and parent expectations can be found in our Player Parent Handbook 2018-2019