Middle School League 7th-9th Graders
The Middle School League for 7th – 9th Graders is designed to provide an opportunity for boys and girls who do not have a school volleyball team to practice and compete in the fall. This league is more competitive than a rec league and is designed for players with prior volleyball experience. Players with limited to no volleyball experience should participate in Jumpin’ Juniors instead. Matches will be played 6 on 6 with 12 players on a roster where all players will receive relatively equal playing time. There will be modified serve rules in order to promote rallies and player and coaches will referee matches as well as compete during pool play. Each team has an RVC coach and practices will focus on development and team concepts.
FALL 2021 – Middle School League 7th-9th Grade
Details: Program FULL
- Season will run September 6 – November 6
- Registration Fee: $395 (includes t-shirt, practices and competition)
- Co-ed teams of 12 players
- Paid RVC Coaches
- Teams will be determined by coaches during Team Placement Day based on ability. No teammate/coach requests will be taken
- No refunds will be given after Team Placement Day on August 28, 2021
- Team Placement Day is Saturday, August 28, 9 AM – 12 PM at RVC Byrdhill (2921 Byrdhill Rd, Henrico, VA 23228)
- Players who do not attend Placement Day will not be cut, but will be placed onto teams at random. There will be no make up Placement Day.
- All practices will take place at Stonebridge Gym (200 Karl Linn Drive, N Chesterfield, VA 23225)
- Starting the week September 6th, practices will either be Tuesday or Wednesday night. Either 5:15 – 7 or 7:15 – 9 depending on the coaches availability. Athletes should leave both days open for practice as practice day/times will be announced after the placement day.
- Teams will also practice Saturdays, September 18, October 2 & October 9th; either from 9:30-11:00 AM or 11 AM – 12:30 PM dependent on team placement
- All tournaments will take place at Byrdhill Gym (2921 Byrdhill Rd, Henrico, VA 23228)
- Saturday tournaments are from 9 AM – 1 PM on October 16, 23, 30, and November 6.
- Typical format is playing two matches and reffing one match. Format is subject to change
Need Help Registering?
The PDF document below will give you step by step instructions on how to create a profile on Sports Connect (formerly named Blue Sombrero) and register for Jumpin’ Juniors.Directions for Registering
Note: This system is for junior developmental programs only and will not be used for the 2020-2021 Junior Travel Season. Registration for Travel will be the same as last year.