The Richmond Volleyball Club in cooperation with Henrico County Division of Recreation and Parks and Chesterfield County Parks & Recreation is offering a Jumpin’ Juniors kids volleyball program for boys and girls between the ages of 7-14. Jumpin’ Juniors is designed to offer athletes who desire to play volleyball a fun and competitive environment. Our program will focus on development and team concepts as opposed to winning. Offered three times a year, our fall, winter and spring sessions will place all of our athletes on teams for skill instruction and team play.
New Program Registration System!
You shared and we listened and are so excited to announce a new registration system for developmental junior programs! This winter we will continue to be testing out a platform called Blue Sombrero (now rebranded as Sports Connect). This new system will hopefully elevate some of the hiccups encountered in our old registration system in Constant Contact, while also providing a variety of new and exciting features!
Note: This new system is being tested for junior developmental programs only and will not be used for the 2019-2020 Junior Travel Season. Registration for Travel will be the same as last year.
The PDF document below will give you step by step instructions on how to create a profile on the new system and register for Jumpin’ Juniors.Directions for Registering
Spring Mini Session 2020 Jumpin’ Juniors Kids Volleyball
- Registration FULL – CLICK HERE to login to Blue Sombrero/Sports Connect to be added to the waitlist.
- Registration will close on February 27 or when sessions fill up (whichever comes first)
- Cost: $100
- Season will run March 8 – April 5 (4 sessions)
- 3 time slots to choose from:
- Fridays at RVC Stonebridge from 6-7:30 PM (200 Karl Linn Dr, North Chesterfield, VA 23225)
- Sundays at RVC Byrdhill from either 12:30-2:00 PM or 2:30-4:00 PM (2921 Byrdhill Rd, Henrico, VA 23228)
- No try-outs: players placed on teams based on age
- Financial assistance available – CLICK HERE to learn more
- Each team is run by a parent volunteer with an RVC master coach leading practices and drills.
- Volunteer coaches needed – no experience necessary. If selected to coach, child’s registration will be refunded after the season starts. (If interested, fill out the volunteer form when registering your player)
During each session, the Master Coach teaches a new skill or aspect of the game to the players as a large group. After some instruction and demonstrations, teams split up onto their own courts with their parent volunteer Team Coach to practice what they have just learned! Instruction includes learning skills such as passing, setting, hitting, serving, and court rotation. Throughout the season teams will also have the chance to play each other in games to help improve their skills even more.
- Fridays at Stonebridge: March 13, 20, 27, and April 3
- Sundays at Byrdhill: March 8, 22, 29, April 5 (no session March 15)
Team assignments are not compiled until registration is closed. We do our very best to have teams and coaches assigned 7 days prior to the first practice. Once teams are complete, you will receive an email from Blue Sombrero letting you know your team and court assignments.
Registration is not accepted without payment. Cancellations after the program has started are not eligible for refunds.