Jump Up – Youth Recreational Volleyball
Jump Up is a winter/spring program starting in January.
Already played a couple of seasons of volleyball? Looking for a place to keep improving your skills, but in a more fun and relaxed environment? Jump Up is the next step after Jumpin’ Juniors for players looking for a recreation level program without the time and cost commitment of a travel team. Practice sessions for this 12 week program are run by an RVC master coach with parent volunteer coaches assigned to each team. The focus of this program will be on more advanced skill development with a couple of opportunities throughout the season to compete against the other Jump Up teams.
New Program Registration System!
You shared and we listened and are so excited to announce a new registration system for developmental junior programs! Our new platform is called Blue Sombrero which is powered by Dick’s Sporting Goods Team Sports HQ. This new system will hopefully elevate some of the hiccups encountered in our old registration system in Constant Contact, while also providing a variety of new and exciting features!
Note: This new system is being tested for junior developmental programs only and will not be used for the 2019-2020 Junior Travel Season or. Registration for Travel will be the same as last year.
The PDF document below will give you step by step instructions on how to create a profile on the new system and register for Jumpin’ Juniors.Directions for Registering
- Registration closed – all sessions full
- Cost: $300 (includes tshirt)
- Co-ed teams ages 12-17
- Season will run January 14 – April 2 (12 sessions)
- All sessions held at RVC Stonebridge (200 Karl Linn Dr, North Chesterfield, VA 23225)
- Play 1 night a week with 3 Saturday game days on March 14, March 21, and April 4
- 2 practice time slots to choose from:
- (FULL) Tuesdays from 7:00 – 8:45 PM
- (FULL) Thursdays from 7:00 – 8:45 PM
- (FULL) Mondays from 5:15 – 7:00 PM
- No try-outs: players placed on teams based on age
- RVC Winter seasonal membership included
- Financial assistance available – CLICK HERE to learn more
- Each team is run by a parent volunteer with an RVC master coach leading practices and drills.
- Volunteer coaches needed – no experience necessary. If selected to coach, child’s registration will be refunded after the season starts. (If interested, fill out the volunteer form when registering your player)
Practice SESSION FORMAT:
During each session, the Master Coach teaches a new skill or aspect of the game to the players as a large group. After some instruction and demonstrations, teams split up onto their own courts with their parent volunteer Team Coach to practice what they have just learned. Instruction includes learning skills such as passing, setting, hitting, serving, and court rotation. Throughout the season teams will also have the chance to play each other in games to help improve their skills even more.
- Tuesdays: Jan 14, 21, 28, Feb 4, 11, 18, 25, Mar 3, 10, 17, 24, 31
- Thursdays: Jan 16, 23, 30, Feb 6, 13, 20, 27, Mar 5, 12, 19, 26, Apr 2
Game Days: March 14, March 21, and April 4
Everyone should attend the first day of practice. Team assignments are not compiled until registration is closed. We do our very best to have teams and coaches assigned 7 days prior to the first practice. Once teams are complete, players will be notified via email of their court assignments for their first practice.
Registration is not accepted without payment. Cancellations after the program has started are not eligible for refunds.