Jump Up – Youth Recreational Volleyball
Jump Up runs for both a winter and a spring session.
Already played a couple of seasons of volleyball? Looking for a place to keep improving your skills but in a more fun and relaxed environment? Jump Up is the next step after Jumpin’ Juniors for players looking for a recreation level program without the time and cost commitment of a travel team. Practice sessions for this 8-week program are run by an RVC master coach with parent volunteer coaches assigned to each team. The focus of this program will be on more advanced skill development with a couple of opportunities throughout the season to compete against the other Jump Up teams.
- Cost: $250 (includes t-shirt)
- Co-ed teams ages 12-17
- The season runs January 22 – March 27 (8 weeks)
- All sessions held at RVC Stonebridge (200 Karl Linn Dr, North Chesterfield, VA 23225)
- Practices on Fridays 7:00 -8:45 PM
- No try-outs: players placed on teams based on age
- Financial assistance available – CLICK HERE to learn more
- Each team is run by a parent volunteer with an RVC master coach leading practices and drills.
- Volunteer coaches needed – no experience necessary. If selected to coach, the child’s registration will be refunded after the season starts. (If interested, fill out the volunteer form when registering your player)
Practices: January 22, 29, February 5, 12, 26, March 5, 12, 19
Game Days: February 20 and March 27
Practice SESSION FORMAT:
During each session, the Master Coach teaches a new skill or aspect of the game to the players as a large group. After some instruction and demonstrations, teams split up onto their own courts with their parent volunteer Team Coach to practice what they have just learned. Instruction includes learning skills such as passing, setting, hitting, serving, and court rotation. Throughout the season teams will also have the chance to play each other in games to help improve their skills even more.
Need Help Registering?
The PDF document below will give you step by step instructions on how to create a profile on Sports Connect (our registration system for junior developmental programs) and register for Jump Up.Directions for Registering