Itsy Bitsy Spikers – Volleyball for Preschoolers
It’s never to early for your preschooler to learn something new, and volleyball is no exception! Introduce your preschooler to this fun, team focused sport through our Itsy Bitsy Spikers program. Kids ages 4-6 develop motor skills, hand-eye coordination, and improve listening skills, in addition to learning the core concepts of volleyball in a fun and encouraging environment.
Summer 2019 Sessions
This summer we are offering 2 different Itsy Bitsy Spikers volleyball sessions at our Byrdhill Gym (Henrico). These sessions are the perfect activity to keep your preschooler busy and active this summer. Choose between July 22-24 and August 5-7 or sign up for both! Focus will be on developing motor skills, hand-eye coordination, and improving listening skills, in addition to learning the core concepts of volleyball in a fun and encouraging environment.
- For preschoolers ages 4-6
- 3 day camps held Monday-Wednesday from 9-11:30am
- Choose between July 22-24 and August 5-7 or sign up for both!
- A 30 minute snack break – players should pack their own snack
- Sessions held at RVC Byrdhill Gym (2921 Byrdhill Rd, Henrico, VA 23228)
- Players should wear normal athletic clothes and shoes. Knee pads are not necessary.
- Players will receive a camp t-shirt
- Cost $70 per session or $130 ($10 discount) if you sign up for both sessions at once
- Register either by completing a paper form or online
Registration is not accepted without payment. Cancellations after the program has started are not eligible for refunds.
Have us Bring Itsy Bitsy Spikers to You!
Want to have an Itsy Bitsy Spikers class at your preschool, church, or after school program? Our preschool volleyball program allows you to offer an enrichment activity that parents love and kids look forward to without the hassle of having to find coaches and purchase equipment yourself. In addition, we work with you to tailor the program to meet your needs so that it fits within your current programming. Email Kaitlin Baker at email@example.com to find out more.
- A typical session will meet once a week for 6-8 weeks for 45 minutes – 1 hour
- Cost is at a per participant basis with a minimum of 6 participants
- We provide all necessary equipment – you provide the space
- 1 RVC coach will lead the classes. Depending on class size, assistance by location staff may be required to help facilitate the sessions.
Typical Class Overview
- 5-10 minutes of warm-up games incorporating body awareness, following directions, team work, and having fun
- 15-20 minutes of volleyball skills incorporating a lower volleyball net, light-weight volleyballs, beach balls, balloons, bean bags, and more
- 5-10 minutes of an obstacle course with age appropriate skills, jumping, rolling, skipping, etc.
Email Kaitlin Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.