City League is a recreational league designed to develop players in a non-travel format. For girls ages 12-18 and boys 12-14, this league plays and practices locally at one of the RVC facilities competing against other City League teams. While focusing on developing skills and player growth, the league also introduces elements that are seen in more competitive levels of play (such as is our Junior Travel Program) so that if a player decides to move up they will feel prepared. Such elements include: try-outs, player rotation, scorekeeping, refereeing, and pool player tournaments.
- For girls ages 12-18 and boys ages 12-14
- Total Cost is $515
- $225 Registration Fee due when you sign up online
- $290 Team Fee due in January
- All games and practices will take place at the Stonebridge Facility – 200 Karl Linn Drive, Chesterfield, VA 23236
- Practice 1 night a week, competition on Saturdays (no Saturday practices)
- Saturday tournaments will consist of a three team pool (each team will play two matches and ref one). They will have a start time of either 9am or 1pm.
- Skill Clinics will be offered throughout the season for no additional fee (on weeks with no Saturday matches)
- Team registration fee includes a RVC Membership. Benefits include:
- FREE open gyms at RVC Byrdhill Monday- Friday (5:00-5:45pm)
- Discounts on private lessons
- Discounts on summer camps
- Financial Aid is available – click HERE to learn more
- Review the Player Parent Handbook 2018-2019
- Sign-Up Online (registration opens September 17th)
- Log in (or create) an account and click the “Sign Up” button in the top left corner. Make sure to choose “Junior Travel/City Registration” when you begin.
- Print & Fill Out Forms (must bring these to the Main Office)
- Stop by the Main Office to complete registration before try-outs
- Office is open 9am -5pm Monday- Friday
- Office is located at Byrdhill Facility – 2921 Byrdhill Rd, Henrico, VA 23228
- We encourage players to come with their parents to receive raffle tickets, try-out shirt, and uniform fitting
- Bring completed Financial Contract and Player Medical Release forms
- Attend Tryouts*
- *This year, City League players will attend try-outs with the Travel League players. City League players are guaranteed a spot on a City League team, but try-outs are used to appraise a player’s abilities and better place them onto a team.
- See tryout dates/times for each age group
- Not sure what age you are trying out for? See the age definition chart
- If a City League player is not able to attend try-outs, they will be placed onto a team based on their age and gender.
Richmond Volleyball Club (RVC) has a ZERO TOLERANCE for abuse and misconduct. This includes not only on-court safety, but also off-court safety in any part of RVC’s programs.
All RVC staff and coaches who work directly with our junior members are SafeSport Certified which means they have been trained to recognize and report all forms of abuse including bullying, harassment, hazing, physical abuse, emotional abuse, and sexual misconduct and abuse. Additionally, all staff have been provided with this information and are required to report observed or suspected abuse.
To find out more about the SafeSport policies Richmond Volleyball Club abides by, and to find resources for athletes, parents, or coaches, visit USA Volleyball SafeSport or The U.S. Center for SafeSport