Junior Financial Aid Program
Roger Robison Fund
Roger Robison (1938-2004) was a key individual in the forming of RVC back in the early 80’s and served on the first board of directors, along with serving for a second time from 2000-2004. He was passionate about the sport, was a great individual with exceptional character and a genuine personality, and helped make RVC the club it is today.
In 2005, The Roger Robison Fund was established based on his belief that all Richmond-area youth should be able to play volleyball without having to worry about the cost. The fund is a way for RVC and its members to provide financial assistance to young athletes who would not be able to participate without financial assistance. In 2018 alone, RVC granted more than $40,000 worth of financial assistance to junior players in our travel program, City League, Middle School League, Jumpin’ Juniors, and summer camps.
Questions? Please contact the RVC office at (804) 358-3000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to help offset the cost of playing competitive travel volleyball, we offer yearly athlete grants for players on National, Zonal, State, Regional and VYVL teams. Grants may cover partial or full season costs depending on the team level a player makes and their financial need.
Application deadline: Rolling deadline – applications will be accepted until all grants are dispersed. Apply early!
To be eligible for assistance, a child must:
Qualify for or be currently receiving assistance from one or more of the programs listed below:
- Free or reduced school lunch
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Aid for Dependent Children
- Foster Care
- Certain other extenuating circumstances
Meet each of the criteria below:
- Be enrolled in school (kindergarten through 12th grade)
- Commit to attending all practices and tournaments unless excused
- RVC account must remain in good standing
In addition to filling out the application below, players must submit:
- One letter of reference (teacher, former coach, etc.) attesting to the character of the athlete
- A 500 word or less essay describing why playing volleyball in general, and at the Richmond Volleyball Club in particular, is important to them
- List of extracurricular activities the athlete is currently involved in
- Parents must also attach official documents verifying the player is receiving aid. If such documents are not available, a school employee, social worker, or caseworker must sign the form to verify eligibility.
Submit completed forms by mail, email, or in person:
- Mail: Richmond Volleyball Club, 2921 Byrdhill Rd, Henrico, VA 23228
- Email: email@example.com
Applications must be fully completed to be considered for assistance.
- This is for financial aid for the following programs ONLY: Summer Camps, Juniors Beach, Jumpin’ Juniors, Middle School League, and Jump Up.
- Complete an on-line financial aid application OR download a paper financial aid form.
- Deadline: Financial Aid request forms are due 3 weeks prior to the start of the program. Once submitted, a RVC staff member will contact you regarding your award and completing the registration process. A paper registration form, and any remaining payment will be due 10 days prior to the start of the program. Please do not complete an on-line registration form, our system does not accept partial payments.
- Submit completed forms by mail, email, or fax:
- Mail or In Person: Richmond Volleyball Club, 2921 Byrdhill Rd, Henrico, VA 23228
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT: Applying or being approved for Financial Aid DOES NOT guarantee registration for a program. Once approved for financial aid (you will receive an email from the Outreach Coordinator), program registration must still be completed. Registration must be completed prior to the registration deadline and the program filling up.
Additional Resource for Financial Assistance