Virginia Volleyball Showcase
The Virginia Volleyball Showcase is an annual Labor Day weekend event sponsored by the Richmond Volleyball Club and Deep Run High School. The top 32 high school volleyball boys and girls teams play at the Richmond Volleyball Club’s twelve court facility in Henrico, Virginia. This year the Virginia Volleyball Showcase will be held September 1-2, 2017.
Registration is currently FULL
We accept the first 16 boys and girls teams on a first come, first served basis. A team is not considered entered until an entry form and payment (check or school PO number) is received. We can accept a maximum of 18 Boy’s teams. Girls’ teams are then accepted in multiples of four until the maximum of 36 teams are accepted. To view a complete list of accepted teams please click here.
NEED A HOTEL
The following forms are required prior to the tournament (deadlines stated below). **
- Team Rosters (due August 18) submit online or download form.
- Advance Ticket Order (due August 25) download form.
- Seeding Information (due August 22) submit online or download form.
- Season Schedule (due August 22)
Depending upon the division, tournament play will begin at 8:30 am on Friday, and should conclude by 9:00 pm that evening. Saturday play will begin at 8:30 am (depending upon the division) and should conclude by 5:00 pm. Please click here to see playing grid. All matches will be played at the Richmond Volleyball Club at 2921 Byrdhill Road; Henrico, VA 23228.
Programs will not be provided to coaches or be available for sale to parents during the event. If you would like a program, please click on the desired program:
Under 54 – 8 – 1 the Virginia High School League has modified its contest limitations for volleyball. Each school has the choice of playing the following three scenarios 20 dual matches; or 18 dual matches and 1 invitational tournament; or 16 dual matches and 2 invitational tournaments.
- Invitational tournaments may be conducted over no more than two consecutive days.
- Teams participating in invitational tournaments may play a maximum of 15 sets per tournament.
Given the changes in contest limitations we will be adjusting the format to maximize the number of sets each team will be allowed to compete. In the first round of the tournament, we will have 6 pools of three in each division. In pool play, each team will play each team three 25-point rally scoring sets for a total of 6 sets. In the second round, teams will be grouped in another 6 pools of three according to their finish in the first round. All 1st place team in 2 pools , all seconds in another 2 pools, all thirds in the remaining 2 pools. The second round will again play three 25-point rally scoring sets for a total of 12 sets. The third round will one match using the best of 3, with any deciding games to 15. Each team will play 14 or 15 sets total. Virginia High School League (VHSL) and National High School Federation (NFHS) rules apply.
Advanced group ticket purchase is available prior to the event (See Advance Ticket Order in “FORMS” above). Admission on site is $9 per day per person with children under the age of six free. There will be a two-day pass available for $16. CASH or CHECK only. Wristband sales are in the main office, please look for a “Guest Registration” feather banner in front of the office door.
- Children must be supervised at all times!
- Coolers, outside food, and drinks are not permitted inside the facility or on the patio. Please feel free to set up any of your own tables outside along the front gravel lot.
- Lawn chairs or any type of folding chairs are allowed inside the playing venue. Feet must remain off of the playing surface.
- Athletic trainers will be located in the seating area along the front wall in front of court 3 and will be available for taping 45 minutes prior to the first match. Taping is free if the athlete brings their supplies.
- Awards will be presented as follows: team and individual awards for the top two teams in each boys’ and girls’ division. Additionally, an all tournament team for each boys’ and girls’ tournament will be selected. Awards will be presented after the finals of the respective tournaments.
- Coaches will be involved in the all-tournament team player selection process. Ballots must be submitted to the tournament director no later than 2:00pm on Saturday.
All Tournament Teams – 2017
For additional information, please contact juniors@RVC.net