Monument City Masters
Richmond Volleyball Club is proud to host this annual event for Men’s and Women’s Senior 6-Person teams on March 10 & 11, 2018. NOW, including a 45+ division!!
We want the most “experienced & seasoned” volleyball players to get their game on! The tournament will be held at our state-of-the-art facility located on Byrdhill Road for men’s and women’s teams with age-based divisions. Tournament includes a social after play on Saturday at the playing facility. All players are welcome to enjoy the food and beverages. Need help getting a team together for Monument City Masters? Want to get yourself added to someone’s team? Contact our staff who will assist you in finding/forming a team! Email us.
A few kind words from New York visitors:
“Our two KAV teams from Buffalo, NY, enjoyed playing in the Monument City Masters tournament. Thanks for all the Virginia hospitality. We met some great people over the weekend. We lost in a great set final against these fun guys from Richmond Volleyball Club. Kudos to all the teams who treated us kindly and the tournament staff.”
–Rocco, 2017 Participant in the Monument City Masters Tournament
- Play begins at 9:00 am on Saturday, 3/10/18. Facility opens at 8:00 am.
- Second round of pool play begins at 4:00 pm on Saturday.
- Second round of pool play continues at 8:00 am on Sunday.
- Playoffs on Sunday immediately following pool play (around approximately noon).
- All divisions with 6 or more teams will be guaranteed 6 matches (or game equivalent) & two days of play. Please note, age divisions may be combined for pool play.
- Teams must report for work assignments or their next match will be a forfeit.
- All play will be at Richmond Volleyball Club.
- Cost is TBD for 2018.
- Men’s or Women’s 6-Person, age-based teams. (All players must be at least the age of the division played. Younger players are not allowed. ID may be required at check-in.)
- Play and work schedules will be posted the week of the tournament.
- Play format will be based on number of teams registered & posted later.
- Format: 4 team pools will be best 2 (to 25) out of 3 (third game to 15). Three team pools will play 3 games to 25.
- Each team will be required to work matches by providing second referee and scorekeeper. First referees (i.e. “Up Ref”) will be provided.
- All non-RVC members required to sign a waiver prior to play.
- Music and beverage specials at cafe. Tournament includes a social after play on Saturday for all players at the playing facility.
- In 2018, Nimbus Massage will be giving FREE chair massages for all interested players on Saturday!
- Age-based Divisions include: Women’s 45+, 50+, 55+ & 60+ Men’s 45+, 50+, 55+, 60+ & 65+
- Team must register in the age division of its YOUNGEST player! You may be required to provide proof of age. Any questions regarding the eligibility of any player must be presented before a game to the Tournament Director. Once the game starts, the game becomes official and non-contestable. At the request of the Tournament Director, any competitor may be required to show proof of compliance to the above requirement. Burden of proof shall be the responsibility of the player. If, in the opinion of the Tournament Director the protest is valid, the player will not be eligible to play and/or said team will be required to modify its line-up.
- USAV Rules of Play Apply (but you do NOT have to be USAV registered player or team)
- You may register online with a credit card.
- You may register using this form and faxing (to 804.358.1018) or mailing form and payment to Richmond Volleyball Club.
- Registration closes March 8, 2018.
- Cancellation made prior to the registration deadline will receive a refund of their entry fee minus $75 cancellation fee. Refunds will not be given after the registration deadline.
- Registrations are not accepted without payment. Payments are processed upon receipt. Late cancellations are not eligible for refunds.
- Registration could close early if divisions fill. Teams accepted on a first paid, first accepted basis. Late registrations accepted on a space available basis.
- Divisions may be combined, changed or cancelled as needed. Space is limited.
- Awards will be given to the top team
We do not have an agreement with any of these hotels, but they are conveniently located to RVC. The Westin Hotel, located at 6631 Broad Street, is very nice and has a bar. The newly renovated Courtyard Richmond West is located at 6400 W Broad Street and provides free breakfast and has a bar. The Embassy Suites at 2925 Emerywood Parkway offer an AARP discount. The Hampton Inn & Suites at 5406 Glenside Drive offers a free breakfast.