The following positions are available. For additional information on any position, please contact us at careers@RVC.net
Friday, Sunday, and one additional weekday night and approximately two Saturdays per month 15-20 hours per week. Salary $8.50-$10.50. Hours Friday and Sunday 4:00pm-11:30 Saturday 6:00pm- 11:30pm.
The Member Services Assistant’s primary duty is to monitor the facility and activities during open gym and evening league play at the Richmond Volleyball Club. The Member Services Assistant provides assistance to current and potential members and guests answering questions about the Richmond Volleyball Club.
Duties and responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Respond to membership and answer questions from current or prospective members in a friendly but professional manner either face-to-face or via telephone. Explain the club’s operations and activities.
- Monitor people playing on courts making sure all are members.
- Monitor children to ensure they are behaving in a safe and appropriate manner alerting parents when necessary. All children under 12 are to be under an adult’s (not RVC staff) supervision (within arm’s length) at all times. Children under 8 should not be allowed into playing area.
- Assist Manager of Adult Programs with various tasks as requested.
- Interpret rules and solve minor differences. Consult with Member Services Coordinator to Inform management of all significant problems or situations.
- Prepare the facility for play or the night’s activities. Turn on scoreboards and lights, check net heights, unlock facility, fill cooler with ice for injuries, etc.
- Assist injured participants as qualified completing report forms for incidents of more than a minor nature.
- Keep the café seating area, office area, and general membership area orderly and free of trash.
- Assist the café worker during busy times.
- Notify management of any maintenance issues.
- In winter, check walkways, steps and ramp for ice or snow creating unsafe access for our members. Shovel and de-ice as needed.
- Promote Richmond Volleyball Club and the sport of volleyball.
- Represent Richmond Volleyball Club in a professional manner.
- Dress in a business casual manner that professionally distinguishes oneself from the playing club member (logoed shirt will be provided).
- Make recommendations to management concerning improvement of any facet of club operation.
Applicant must be familiar with MS Office products, detail oriented, organized, able to communicate effectively, multi-task and manage time well. Incumbent must have good verbal communication skills and ability to interact well with the general public and staff.
Must be an effective steward of confidential and private information and must use good judgment in the use and communication of such information. Interacts with Executive Director, Board of Directors, office staff, members, and referees.
This position requires someone who demonstrates initiative and can function on his or her own with minimal supervision. The work load can be heavy at times which requires the ability to recognize and respond to high priority activities. Strong organizational and communication skills are essential.
This position description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities performed by the incumbent in this position. The incumbent may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
Email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Itsy Bitsy Spikers (year round) RVC is looking for positive, energetic individuals who love working with young kids (ages 3-7) for our Satellite Itsy Bitsy Spikers program. Flexible daytime hours.
Middle School League (fall) Our Middle School League (grades 7th-9th) practices one night a week and will compete at RVC on Saturdays. Season runs September – November.
City League (winter/spring) Our City League (ages 10-18) practice one night a week and will compete at RVC on Saturdays. Season runs mid-December – April.
Please email email@example.com for more information.
This is a great way to get more experience with volleyball, work with and teach a group of eager young players, and earn some money for your time and effort. Development opportunities provided. There are different level of teams. “Regional” and “Metro” teams play 6-8 tournaments within the state and girls teams will play in multi-day events; “Zonal” teams play 10-12 tournaments and travel more with 2-3 overnight stays, and “National” teams play 12-15 tournaments with 3-5 out-of-state tournaments or multi-day events including at least one national championship. Coaching assignments are based on coaching experience, available time, and seniority.RVC is supportive of coaches’ efforts to improve their skills and finances many opportunities for training/education.Coaches do get paid! Pay is determined by the amount of time required to work with each level of team. If you have any interest in helping with RVC Juniors, contact Scott Newton at firstname.lastname@example.org with your gender / age / level preferences. Also, please print out and complete our RVC Juniors Coaching Application.
For our returning coaches click here for the Coaching Re-Hire Application. Each returning coach will need to fill one out if you plan to come back next year.
Flexible schedule Sunday thru Friday, 6pm to 10pm or 11pm each night. Pay is between $12/hr to $14/hr. Must attend a referee clinic. Clinics are held according to interest/need and dates are posted on this website. Please register online as space is limited. The cost is $25 and includes referee packet (i.e. study materials). We teach you what you need to know. Candidates must successfully complete the clinic, observations and evaluation process.
For questions, please contact careers@RVC.net.